HOW TO RECYCLE YOUR FEELINGS
How to Recycle Your Feelings is a book about reducing, re-using and recycling your emotions. It translates therapeutic techniques into imaginative tools, which children of all ages can use to deal with 'big' feelings that might otherwise overwhelm them. The book has a dual purpose: it also aims to reduce anxiety for any adult reading it aloud to a child.
When Australia went into lockdown, How to Recycle Your Feelings saw a surge in sales, as families felt the emotional impact of the pandemic. The book has been used by parents, childcare centres, schools, counsellors and paediatric wards to:
• help children with sleep
• help families cope with transitions
• prepare for the start of school or pre-school
• deal with sibling rivalry, divorce or separation
• support children coping with grief and illness
• help young abuse survivors with trauma; and
• help families to discuss feelings together.
ILLUSTRATION + DESIGN
FLICK THROUGH THE GALLERY